Here are our garden boxes!
They've already provided much fun and excitement (well, mainly the pea gravel around them has been the fun & excitement - note the bucket and shovels and you'll know what {n} has been up to for the past week).

{a} was so excited the first morning after I planted: "They've grown, Mommy, they've grown!"
Well, I didn't have the heart to let her believe that the little seeds she saw me planting as she went the night before had sprouted into the chive and basil plants she saw the next morning so I had to break it to her that I had actually planted some plants in addition to the seeds.
"But if they're plants, why did you put them in the ground?"
Poor girl
- thought her momma really had some major green thumb -
and now she has to patiently wait it out like the rest of us.
So, if all goes well, the far bed with the mounds will have three ZUCCHINI plants, and 4-6 TOMATO plants. I started the tomato plants from seed (was supposed to do seedlings in advance and completely forgot - sorry Kerry) so we're trying this out.
I'm a little skeptical of the whole "seed" thing
(yes, I know people have been doing this for CENTURIES, but I haven't!)
so I had to get a couple of plants to ensure that there will be maters for the pickin'.
And in the other bed...
SNAP PEAS & BEANS which I'm embarassed to admit that I didn't know that they needed something to climb up in order to produce fruit.
By they way:
Dontcha think that's something that would be REALLY helpful to put on the seed package for those of us who haven't been doing this for centuries?
LETTUCE
CARROTS
(for {A} - ha ha; this is pretty much the only food he dislikes!)
PEPPERS (the seeds were part of my Mother's Day present and then I also bought a red pepper plant for the same reason as the tomato plants...I feel much more secure with a plant than an itty-bitty seed)
PEPPERONCINI (for fun!)
ANAHEIM PEPPERS (for spice)
And the aforementioned CHIVE and BASIL plants
We shall see what the summer brings...
No comments:
Post a Comment