So today after gymnastics, 2-year old {n} told his first joke.
Totally unprovoked and out of the blue.
We hadn't even done knock knock jokes with {a} for quite some time.
We did go through a phase in the car where knock-knock jokes were a very common occurrence with some pretty lame punchlines that nevertheless received quite the uproarious laughter from the 5-year old who also happened to be the joketeller.
I guess her theory is that
if you're afraid
that nobody else is going to laugh at your joke,
you better be prepared to
fill the air
with giggles and guffaws!
Anyway - back to {n} and his humor:
{n}: Momma - Knock, knock
me: Who's there?
{n}: 'Nana (banana)
me: Banana who?
{n}: Eat duh (the) 'nana (Banana) - followed by a HUGE grin!
Now yes, I realize that that was not the
greatest knock-knock joke, but this momma enjoyed it...
...even when he followed up by repeating it at least twenty more times!
So, here's to my little jokester,

my future sous chef (the boy loves pots and pans of any sort and was so excited when he "hept (helped) Momma" make cheese biscuits the other night),

my "hunkin" (pumpkin) and "tacter" (tractor) lover,

our little man...he's a love!
6 comments:
Great joke, {N}!
He is really looking so much older, {T}! Such a handsome little guy!
{W}
I hope {a} laughed at your joke!
Cute boy!
So sweet ...
I love hearing those early conversations where they want to "talk" like a big person.
{c}'s new favorite words/phrases include ... "because, how bout'..., I don't know".
What a cutie! We love knock-knock jokes around here too. :)
Hey friend! I have emailed you several times over the past 2 months...don't know why you didn't get them?? Thought I would try here just in case you check it. :)
(My email from the beach trip should work.....same prefix as before, with msn instead of comcast. Do you have the right one?)
Let's catch up soon! (And have you sent out the beach photos of the group? I didn't get it if you did......)
Its been a long time since you updated t!
Post a Comment