I am sitting here at the computer thinking of how tired I am
and
how much my head just hurts
and
how I'm just tired of the headaches when there is really no reason
and
how I really hate when I lose it with my 4-year old.
{a} truly is a sweet girl
but sometimes just pushes my buttons...
not on purpose (at least not at this age, I think - I'm sure that will come in time)
but she is
SMART
and I really lose it when there are things that she
KNOWS and
I know she KNOWS and
yet
time
and
time
again,
we have the same situation.
*sigh*
Welcome to parenting, I know.
But this week it's hitting me harder than usual
because I don't have
{A}
to bounce things off,
to get some comfort from,
some understanding.
He's out of town for business for pretty much the entire week - he gets home late Thursday night, but although that's nice for me, it doesn't affect my days with the kids nor their time with him until he gets home from work on Friday.
I've tried to keep us busy with not-the-usual schedule and get some fun and some things accomplished around the house, too.
Yesterday:
Had great friends over to play and hang out.
GOOD
Until the meltdown in
Red Robin
because there was no
milkshake
And I thought I was being such a
good mom
because I let her have
lemonade.
A treat.
But it was pushed away
with a very sassy
"I want a milkshake"
followed by my temperature rising
and a trip out of the restaurant for
the talk
I'm tired of having to have
the talk
So what am I doing wrong?
Today:
Preschool
GOOD
until
the not listening...
running...
not looking at me...
not coming to me...
followed by my temperature rising
and
not so good yelling (yes, not good at all) in the car before heading home.
Not proud at all.
Ashamed that I cannot seem to remember
that she's
FOUR
I'm the
ADULT
and life is different at four.
But I just want some obedience.
I'm sure she just wants some patience.
Tomorrow:
GOOD
Going to the zoo with friends and dinner
Please
no meltdowns
for {a}
or more importantly
for me.
{t}
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh, how I have been there with the four year old struggles. {p} is just now getting better. I commented to dh the other day that it's like we have our OLD child back. Don't worry... we all have our not-so-proud mommy moments. Your sweet little girl is just finding her way, testing the waters, and learning. Hard to remmeber in the thick of it, I KNOW!
Oh it is hard. So hard. I struggle so much, and so often, with my oldest. Those first born, very bright, very strong daughters can be a challenge and then some. Hang in there, there will be sunnier days!
You are definitely NOT alone in those 'not so proud' mommy moments. We all have them. You are a wonderful mommy {t}. I do hope that you both have a GREAT day at the ZOO. HUGS. And I hear you on the headaches. I suffer from sinus headaches...and they just plain STINK. They really test me. Throw kid craziness into the mix, and uh-oh...not so patient mama anymore.
You are definitely NOT alone in those 'not so proud' mommy moments. We all have them. You are a wonderful mommy {t}. I do hope that you both have a GREAT day at the ZOO. HUGS. And I hear you on the headaches. I suffer from sinus headaches...and they just plain STINK. They really test me. Throw kid craziness into the mix, and uh-oh...not so patient mama anymore.
You are definitely NOT alone in those 'not so proud' mommy moments. We all have them. You are a wonderful mommy {t}. I do hope that you both have a GREAT day at the ZOO. HUGS. And I hear you on the headaches. I suffer from sinus headaches...and they just plain STINK. They really test me. Throw kid craziness into the mix, and uh-oh...not so patient mama anymore.
hmmmm - I guess that was just in case you didn't hear me the first time. LOL. Sorry about that, I honestly don't know what happened there. Goofy.
Post a Comment