Thought we had it all under control - ha!
{A} is going to be home late tonight after another business trip, we've got Lost recorded to watch together, {n} is finally over his goopy nose and is being such a goofball, and {a} and I have had a much better time together, not butting heads for the past week and she was going to try a gymnastics class.
Except...
{a} had a sore throat yesterday - I wasn't sure what the deal was, because it seemed like she was trying to just get to watch movies - the sick day kind of thing. But she really wanted to go to church last night and burst into tears when I said that we weren't going and were going to take it easy. So, we went. It was good, she had fun. But this morning - she didn't want to go to the gymnastics class so I knew that it was not a good sign.
She has strep. And now I feel really bad for not just making her stay home...hopefully we didn't infect someone at church last night. Ugh!
But we have had a good day despite the sickies invading the house. And now they're both down for a nap. And I think one is in order for the Mommy of the house, too. Yay!
On another note, we've been having these praise and prayer times at church on Wednesday nights and it's been so great to go and worship for a little time (which is probably why I wasn't too hesitant to take the kids last night even though I probably should have stayed home...oops)and then really think about prayer from different perspectives - Paul's prayers and then last night Jonah's prayer in the belly of the whale.
Something that really hit me last night was when the speaker said that it is a sign of spiritual maturity when the sin of others grieves you vs. the reaction of "get 'em God." I think back on the times when I have felt truly grieved by the actions of someone else whether it really affects me directly or not and it is so true...those are the times when I have felt God. The only reaction is to cry out to God, sometimes without sound, and to let Him take control. And yet how many times do I try to "row myself out of it"(like the sailors in Jonah who tried to get out of the storm) vs. calling on God. You'd think we'd learn, eh?
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am sorry that kiddos have been sick. Hope they are on the mend.
Having a spiritual awakening is the greatest feeling.
Poor (a). Hope she is better! Don't feel bad about taking her. Apparently, God wanted you there! You needed to hear something at that moment. KWIM?
I know that 'feeling' you are talking about. I have had glimpses of that. Where you hear about something sinful that someone has done, and your heart just breaks. You get that overwhelming feeling. I don't always see it that way, but have from time to time. Sometimes I can't get past the sin. God is so much better than me though! He can get past ALL sin. Amazing!!!!
Hope they are all feeling better. I had strep a few years ago and man that was painful!
I am glad church was enl;ghtening for you too. It is always great when something a speaker says really reaches out to you.
Post a Comment