
We did the traditional trip to Santa. Now normally we do this in Idaho while visiting Nana and Papa.
But this year, we are driving and wanted to make sure that we didn't miss out on the 2006 picture to add to years 2002 - 2005.
Well, let's be honest - Mommy and Nana wouldn't want to miss out! Daddy...not the biggest fan of the Santa trip!
So, the kids and I trekked to the mall on Tuesday to capture the shot and here it is. {a} was thrilled to be there and couldn't wait to tell Santa her list. {n} was a bit skeptical of the guy in the red suit, but humored his mother and didn't wail or try to get away.
All in all - a success!
And here is {a}'s list for Santa - it's true 4 year old style, let me tell ya!
2 candy canes
2 butterflies
Honestly, I have NO idea what this is about.
a Hello bear
to explain, she has this little bear that she sleeps with that she named Hello, we think
it's reminiscent of Hello Kitty? Hello Bear.
and a monkey.
Yes, a monkey
This was also on last year's list...what's up with that, Santa? ;)
So, then she found a Strawberry Shortcake watch and clock that she fell for while we were shopping and needed to amend the list. Santa was on break, she was heartbroken. But I convinced her that a letter would work. So, the letter was written this morning in red "Of course Santa likes red." and sent on its way to Santa.
DUR SANTA Dear Santa
IWODLIKE I would like
ACLOCK STROBERY SHO a clock strawberry sho
RTCAKE rtcake (she ran out of room on that line!)
WOTSH STROBERY watch strawberry
SHORTCAKE shortcake
ANDU I WONTA and I want a
BUDRFLI butterfly
WERGOENTO We are going to
IDAHO IWILSEYOLA Idaho I will see you la-
DR BI SANTU AMELIA ter Bye Santa Amelia
Apparently the monkey got the boot or she figured that he already knew about that one. Either way...it's definitely one for the archives!
Merry Christmas all!
2 comments:
CUTE PIC {t}! The SANTA is a good one.
Have you been doing the How to Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons? I thought you mentioned that you bought that book. I am using it with {B} and it is going well. We are taking it slow ... only on lesson 20, but I see huge advances.
When do you leave for Idaho?
Well, we bought the book quite a while ago, but haven't cracked it. I've just been working with {a} with books we have, she's really interested in writing and so I've just been pulling her in that way. Come to think of it, though - I should take that book to Idaho with us - if only just for me to look at!
Post a Comment