It happened approximately 13 years, 8 months and 14 days ago...
(and he will probably be able to tell you the more exact timeframe)
I met {A}
Was it love at first site?
I wouldn't call it that persay...but there was a definite attraction that was undeniable.
We were able to talk. About anything, for any length of time, until the wee hours of the morning. We laughed at the silly things, were concerned with the serious things, and came to realize one of the most important things. WE CLICKED.
One of the things I enjoy most about our relationship is our ability to talk, to truly communicate. I know that this can be a tough thing in a lot of relationships and I don't want to take it for granted with ours. It's INVALUABLE. That we can fill a date-night with more than just the "to-do list" or talk about the kids is so important to me. That we get cranky when we're not getting enough time together vs. getting crabby because we're on each other's nerves because we're "in each other's space" - WE FIT!
We support each other so well. And usually it's him supporting me when I am DONE. And while it takes a request, I've learned (and sometimes yes, have to be reminded) that just because I have to ask for something and he gives it, doesn't devalue the fact that HE GIVES IT without hesitation. He doesn't take hints, but he does fulfill my needs and desires!
So, this is a minute tribute to the one I can't live without. I love you and am so blessed God sent you to me. Period.
Happy Valentine's Day and beyond...
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Communication is VITAL ... absolutely!. I love to hear of other couples with that "perfect fit" sort of marriage.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Very sweet!
Post a Comment