Monday, February 05, 2007

Peeking inside her mind...






I just LOVE that {a} loves to draw and write. We go through a small forest's worth of paper in our house on a regular basis. This was a neat thing she brought home from school last week - the world through her eyes. I'm so impressed with her drawing at age 4 (yes, a mommy brag here). LOVE the curly tail on the pig and the butterfly. Not sure why the sun is so cranky on the last picture, though.
We were having issues with multiple "important questions" and "somethings to tell you" after bedtime so we gave her a pad and pen to take into her room to write down aforementioned important items so she could ask/tell them in the morning. Here is what we end up with a lot of the time. And yes, this is what she would come out of her room to tell us - oh so important!



MOMY
WELI WUS PLEN ON D
SHERNIBROK MY HE
DFONS

A confession:
Mommy - Well I was playing on the chair and I broke my headphones.

It's kind of like a word puzzle game trying to decode these notes half the time.

WINI
GUNU
VISIT
EMU
AN
GRAS
When am I going to visit Emma and Grace?

or
TMRO
NITI
DTNO
WICH
BUKTOPIK
BIY

Tomorrow night I don't know which book to pick. Bye.

and this

DPRIM
EREKULR
SR RED
YELO
AN BLO

The primary colors are red yellow and blue.
(Well, yes they are. Isn't that what we're all thinking about when we're trying to fall asleep?)
I was pretty proud of my parenting skills in solving this one and keeping her in her room after bedtime until I was rudely awakened at 3AM one morning with wailing and I run into her room to be asked "How do you spell lotion?" Ugh.
And for what it's worth - to her it is LOSHIN. :)
And just a sweet picture of {n} who is just now getting into looking at books and will often, well sometimes, well occasionally sit still to have a book read to him. Busy busy boy!











5 comments:

momto5minnies said...

You have one smart cookie {t} and a grat little artist too (must have inherited some of her Mommy's special talents). My {B} is getting really good with her reading skills, but I don't think she is nearly as good with her writing skills. It will come ...

Adorable picture of your little guy ... just sweet.

Anonymous said...

Love those! She's definitely a smart one, and so cute and creative. Did she draw those writing lines, too? We also go through the forest of paper.

{n} is so adorable. I think {p} was content to sit with books from the moment he could sit, but {s} sounds like {n} -- why sit when you can play and get into everything?

{t} said...

Those were from school - the paper has the lines at the bottom.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet! She is a smart girl. :) And Noah is a little cutie.

Also love the look of your page - great pic of your three lovies.

Anonymous said...

Great work {a}!

And {n} I think is looking a lot like {a} in that last photo!

Allyson