Monday, August 25, 2008

The Days of Summer

I really must get better with blogging...
I do enjoy it, but often forget about it in the daily craziness!
So, to catch up on the summer:
it's been busy,
it's been fun,

BUT
sometimes the routine of fall is a welcome light at the end of the tunnel!
Still, we had a great summer and I'm going to miss the freedom
to just go and do
now that {a} is going to be in FIRST GRADE.


Here's a brief rundown of our summer:

{n} turned three and {a} turned six and celebrated with friends at pump it up




{a} played baseball and just LOVES it - she's quite the slugger !



{a} was in two plays through the parks and rec department,

we still get command performances in the living room from time to time!





we went camping a couple of times

and yes, at some point, I just gave up on keeping {n} semi-clean

this is a far cry from the boy whose mantra at the beginning of the summer was

"Der's dirt in my shoes"




did vbs - love that we can WALK to church from our new house



had our family summer vacation to the oregon coast


believe it or not, this was not prompted - makes a momma's heart almost burst
and almost forgive the times that they're bugging each other to pieces!

and now it's almost the end of summer.

we have {n}'s preschool orientation and {a}'s back to school night both this Wednesday


A new season for our family...here we go!

2 comments:

southernjoy said...

WELCOME back to blogging! I've missed you :-)

Did you make those cute birthday cupcakes?

momto5minnies said...

You definitely had a PACKED SUMMER!!! I love that last beach photo.

Those cupcakes are super cute.