...from the land of the sickies (Sunday through Wednesday of last week)
BUT
of much more import and fun...
the Oregon Coast (Thursday through Sunday)
{n} started the land of the sickies off on Sunday by urping a few times...we thought we could avoid the spread, but to no avail. I woke up early Tuesday at 12:43 (yes, I do remember the exact time on the clock) and was in the bathroom for much of the night. And then {a} woke at 3-ish (no clock in the bathroom to note exact minutes) and {A} was up with her.
Thank goodness he was not travelling last week...
I am not very good with the urps (whether mine or others)...
never have been...
never will be.
So, kids are resilient and were almost 100% by Tuesday night...
Mommy, not so much.
No food + weird sleeping pattern + who knows what else = MIGRAINE extraordinaire for Wednesday. Weak, shaky, hot flashes, cold sweats, nausea. Fun. I felt worse Wednesday than I did all Monday and Tuesday combined. Well, that might be exaggerating a bit, but I felt pretty rotten.
However - Thursday morning as {A} did ALL the packing for our trip
(thank you once again, love.)
I discovered RELPAX!!!
Had a prescription sample that I had forgotten about in my stupor.
Took it.
Within 45 minutes - migraine GONE!
Onto the wonderful part of our week...the Oregon Coast!
It started with 3 other couples and one baby about 3-ish months old. Fast forward 9 years (!)and we now have 8 children from 3rd grade on down to {n} at 16 months.
These other families are definitely at the top of our list of favorite peeps:
Christian, game-playin', great cooks, thoughtful parents, purpose-filled friends. Add that to a weekend where you can see the ocean right outside your window and there's nothing better!
Side note: it could have been better...seems that the sickies made their way to Oregon...I truly thought that being urp-free for over 24 hours made us safe to be among the healthy people. And here is my public apology to our friends who came down with the sickies. We're so sorry if it was us...and still sorry even if it was just a very unfortunate coincidence.
Okay. So, pictures. Shot more on manual and with RAW thanks to {K} who has taken the time to learn and then pass on her knowledge to those of us (me) who haven't even cracked the owner's manual. *blush* Thanks, {K}.
Speaking of pictures, I'll post some later. I'm still going through them and seeing what's there.
Glad to be home and even more glad to have such amazing friends - we are BLESSED!!!
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You all ARE blessed...absolutely! I would LOVE to have a group of friends like that.
YUCK on the sickies. Sorry you all had to endure that (your friends too). Seems like stomach viruses are making the rounds here too. So far our house has been ok (crossing my fingers!), but lots around us have gotten sick.
Post a Comment