Ever feel like you're running in a gazillion different directions...except you'd rather be napping?
I have too many little details on my plate right now, but I really want to do them ALL! I think getting them down here will just help my mental state...
Church stuff:
Monday morning Bible Study - love this group - a mix of women from 20's - 60's, barely ever have the study done on time, though.
Wednesday night couples' small group - taking a break for the holidays, but there are other things scheduled at church on Wednesday nights in place of this.
Friday once a month ladies study - really feel like I need to be involved with this to get to know more MOPS moms
Women's Ministry study - only once a month, but still I forget.
Women's Ministry breakfast - feeling guilty that I haven't volunteered to do more for this besides selling tickets/cookbooks one Sunday between and after services
MOPS - helping coordinate a donut sale, still not sure how everything's all fitting together with what I need to do as co-coordinator. It's not very organized, but I don't want to step on toes or try to "take over"...if you know what I mean.
Design:
At least three design projects that need to be finalized and sent to the printer...yikes!
Home/family:
Flu shots for everyone - need to talk to the pediatrician about this one...considering {n}'s prematurity and that they recommended that he do the synagis shots to prevent RSV again this season...I'm guessing YES.
Dr. Appointments:
{a} needs to have her tonsils evaluated by the ENT specialist to see if they need to come out. I'm thinking that three rounds of strep throat in 5 months is a good sign of YES.
{n} needs to have his 18-month appointment scheduled.
{A} is still trying to figure out what's going on with his wrist - it's been broken for 5 months, has a CT scan tomorrow to see if it's still healing and what the next step will be.
Me - just trying to figure out why I'm getting more migraines...frustrating!!!
Speaking of me...gotta go workout...could not get the self out of bed this morning at 5:00. Now I'm feeling it though...sluggish
Now enter CHRISTMAS - I love this time of year, but it seems too short and rushed. Wouldn't it be nice to bump Thanksgiving and Halloween a week or two earlier and then have a longer holiday season between Thanksgiving and Christmas? I think it would be GRAND!!!
Shopping:
Aaron's family - DONE (definite advantage to going there for Turkey Day - we do Christmas at the same time so it forces me to be ahead of that game!)
{A} - he very possibly could be THE hardest person to shop for!
Parents - DONE
Grandparents - Idea DONE, execution s..l..o..w..l..y coming along (add that to the list of design projects)
Cousin A - Idea DONE...need to buy
Cousin B - halfway done
Auntie - DONE
Uncle - DONE
{n} - DONE - Noah's Ark plus some extra animals, hooded monkey towel, and a book - he's one, he'll be thrilled!
{a} - DONE - Leapster, extra game, hooded monkey towel (gotta have two!), Fisher Price digital camera.
I feel like I'm forgetting someone...uh-oh!
Christmas letter:
DONE - got it back from the printer and there's a TYPO - AARRGGGH
If you know me at all, you know how much this grates on me, but it's not worth the money to print again...so let it be known that I am aware and duly horrified by the double "the" in our letter. Sigh. Oh well! On to the stamping/addressing/mailing!
Want to start baking... the quandry of what to make. I love it all, but there are too many goodies and too little time. I do goodie baskets for {A}'s co-workers at their Christmas party and then for {a}'s teachers and some for friends, too.
One bonus - by the time I make all this, I have very little sweet tooth left for tasting/eating/gorging!
The goodie contenders:
Cranberry Oat Bars
Salted Nut Roll
Citrus Sugar Cookies
Gingerbread Star Cookies
English Toffee
Pretzel Hugs
Caramel Brownies
And I always see some new stuff that would be fun to try!
So, on that note, I really have to go to Target and restock the medicine box. Just figured out last night when I was giving {a} some Tylenol for a fever that ALL of our kid meds are outdated. Oops!
Monday, November 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
THAT IS A BUSY SCHEDULE! I think it is good to lay it all out on paper, but gosh, it can be overwhelming to look at. Right now I am probably in denial over the many things that I need to accomplish.
I need a list too.
And let me add that your goodies sound quite YUMMY!
I would love the cranberry oat bars and the caramel brownies.
Post a Comment